Due to continued expansion our Loughborough based team are looking for a calibration and maintenance technician. This multifaceted role covers many operations within our calibration lab and key industries of wastewater treatment and industrial compressed air. These include:
· Managing and performing calibration of scientific equipment to ensure it is available in a timely manner to our scientists and engineers for their requirements.
· Arrange purchase and manage supplies and stores of instrumentation and consumable products used for our site work.
· Manage the main office/ calibration lab to ensure it is clean and presentable.
· Arrange safe collection and disposal of used hazardous materials.
· Perform customer site operations including to calibrate and maintain scientific instrumentation.
· Assist our engineers and scientists in performing supervised duties on site as required. This will usually involve data collection, sampling for wastewater quality and delivering items to site as needed.
A practical, hands on approach is essential as are good inter-personal skills and PC literacy.
Working within a small engineering team covering a wide spread, mainly UK customer base, the applicant must be flexible both in terms of work duties and location, UK driving license is essential and must be eligible to work in the UK. All other training is provided and previous experience within the industry is not a requirement although the candidate should have an affinity for science and engineering.
Air Technology prides itself on its flexible working environment and provides a competitive salary and rewards package depending upon experience, company van and profit share bonus scheme upon completion of mandated probation period. When not required on site or within our calibration lab home working is possible.